Safer Recruitment Training
May 5 @ 9:30 am - 4:00 pm£175
The safer recruitment workshop builds on the recommendations of both Sir Michael Bichard report following the Soham case and Sir Norman Warner’s report which examined recruitment and selection in residential children’s homes. It aims to:
• Give participants an awareness and understanding of offender behaviour;
• Identify the key features of staff recruitment that help deter or prevent the appointment of unsuitable people;
• Consider policies and practices that minimise opportunities for abuse, or ensure its prompt reporting;
• Explore the elements that contribute to an ongoing culture of vigilance; and
• Help participants begin to review their own and their organisation’s policies and practices with a view to making them safer.
The workshop is aimed at anyone involved in selection interviews or any other aspect of the recruitment process. Both Keeping Children Safe in Education 2018 and Working Together to Safeguard Children 2018 continue to place responsibilities on schools to have safer recruitment practices in place and safer recruitment training is a fundamental part of this.
To book a space on this course please contact Samantha Ormes on email@example.com or 01375 486000 Ext 609